A modern Swiss apple, derived from Gala and Maigold and released in 2002.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Gala and Maigold
- Originates from: Contheny, Switzerland
- Introduced: 2002
- Developed by: Eidg. Forschungsanstalt Changins
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2020
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Harvest period: Mid-Late season
- Use / keeping: 3 months or more
- Flowering period: Early-Mid season
- Flowering group: 2
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Slightly small
- Precocity: Precocious
- Climate suitability: Warm climates
- Scab - Some susceptibility
- Mildew - Some susceptibility
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Also known as
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.