The perfect combination of sugar and spice - taste of Red Delicious and the tart freshness of Jonathan. A crisp texture makes it ideal for eating, cooking or fresh eating. Keeps extremely well. 2½ to 3 inch fruit is bright red with yellow under color.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Seedling of Jonathan x Red Delicious
- Originates from: Abilene, Texas, United States
- Introduced: 1933
- Developed by: Anna Morris Daniels
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1754
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1974-013
- Flowering period: Late season
- Flowering group: 5
- Period of origin: 1900 - 1949
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Jonalicious identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Jonalicious identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Jonalicious trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Bellevue's See Canyon Farms, San Luis Obispo
- Apple Valley Orchard, Penrose
- Fieldstone Enterprise, Overbrook
- Cider Hill Farm, Amesbury
New Hampshiremap >
- Old Ciderpress Farm, Westmoreland
New Jerseymap >
- Ripple Hill Farm, Basking Ridge
New Mexicomap >
- Alary Farm, Corrales
- Hurricane Hollow Apple Orchards, Buffalo Valley