Jersey Mac apple
Medium sized red apple with yellow/green splashes. Flesh is crisp and juicy with a tart flavor. Does not store well.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1750
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1971-015
- Harvest period: Early season
- Harvest period: Very early season
- Cropping: Heavy
- Cedar apple rust - Very resistant
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
- July Red (parent)
References and further reading about this variety
- Cedar-Apple Rust
Author: Stephen Vann, University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture (FSA7538)
Rated as very resistant - no control needed against CAR.
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Jersey Mac trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 25th May 2015 - tree owned by Lance in canyon city, United States
- 26th May 2014 - tree owned by Lance in canyon city, United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Averill Farm, Washington Depot
- BYU-Idaho Apple Orchard Museum, Rexburg
- Aamodt's Apple Farm and Bakery, Stillwater
- Ross Orchards, Fromberg
New Hampshiremap >
New Jerseymap >
New Yorkmap >
New Brunswickmap >
- Verger Belliveau Orchard, Memramcook
Nova Scotiamap >
- Elderkin's Farm Market, Greenwich
- Juicy-Fruit Orchards, Thedford