Golden Nugget apple
A small, broadly conical, long-stemmed predominately yellow fruit with orange streaks and splashes. Crisp, juicy flesh with extra sweet, rich, mellow flavor. Fine for eating out of hand, excellent for pies, sauce and apple butter. Short keeping life.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Golden Russet x Cox's Orange Pippin
- Originates from: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Introduced: 1932
- Developed by: C.J. Bishop of Kentville, Nova Scotia
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1713
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1965-026
- Harvest period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Period of origin: 1900 - 1949
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Golden Nugget identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Golden Nugget identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Golden Nugget trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Darylann in Crescent City, CA