A columnar or ballarina style apple variety.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: (Cox x Court Pendu Plat) x Wijcik McIntosh
- Originates from: Kent, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1970s
- Developed by: East Malling Research Station
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2054
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1999-027
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flavour style: Sharper
- Harvest period: Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Gardening skill: Some skill needed
- Attractive features: Attractive tree
- General disease resistance: Poor
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Also known as
Flamenco identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Flamenco identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Flamenco trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Serena C. Roen in SPRING VALLEY, WI
- Warren in COBRAM, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.