Larger fruit with dark red skin underlaid with stripes. Crisp pure white flesh resists browning when cut. Tart tangy flavor. Dessert quality. Excellent for eating out of hand, cooking, and cider.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: McIntosh x Ben Davis
- Originates from: New York, United States
- Developed by: New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, NY
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1665
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1976-077
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Criterion trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Darren Peters in ROCK SPRING, GEORGIA
- Jeanne in Kalkaska, Kalkaska, MI
- Matt in EMMETT, MI
- Thomas Griffith in COTTAGE GROVE, WI
- Katrina Richards in NELSON,
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 18th May 2009 - tree owned by Jeanne in Kalkaska, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 3rd week August 2009 - tree owned by Jeanne in Kalkaska, United States
Where to buy fresh fruit
United Statesmap >
- Conner Orchards, Hotchkiss
- Mercier Orchards, Blue Ridge
- Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill, Manchester
- O'Farrell Orchards, Bigfork
New Mexicomap >
New Yorkmap >
- Bellinger's Apple Orchard, Fultonville
- Door Creek Orchard, Cottage Grove