An heirloom apple variety from Sweden, quite widely grown in Scandanavia, very handsome fruit.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: Sweden
- Introduced: 18th century
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1217
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1927-013
- Some historical details taken with kind permission from 'The New Book of Apples' by Joan Morgan and Alison Richards , illustrated by Elisabeth Dowle, published by Ebury Press, 2002.
- Flowering period: Early-Mid season
- Flowering group: 2
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Akero identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Akero identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Akero trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Axel Kratel in Santa Cruz, California
- Brian Van Erem in GREEN BAY, WI
- Dan Spratlen in CAMANO ISLAND, WASHINGTON / USA
- Ed Ramby in WALES, MAINE
- Eric Powell in MD
- Paula Reinbold in RUSH, COLORADO
- Helmut Mueller in NEUKIRCH, Thurgau
- Rajat in SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PARDESH/ INDIA
- Ann in Manturovo, KOSTROMA OBLAST
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 15th May 2016 - tree owned by Brian in GREEN BAY, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.