Knobbed Russet apple
Green and yellow fruit, sometimes scarlet streaked in the sun. Uneven surface is overlaid with rough gray and black russet, welts and knobs; worthy of its name. Crisp, rich, sugary, highly flavored flesh of the highest quality.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Sussex, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1819
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1768
Knobbed Russet identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Knobbed Russet identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Knobbed Russet trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Albany Apple Guy in CASTLETON, NY
- Karl Schmidt in ESTELLINE, SD
- Stephen Sain in LOS LUNAS, NEW MEXICO
- Terry Graham in Tumwater, WA
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
New Yorkmap >