Welcome to Orange Pippin
If you are interested in apple varieties, pears, cherries or plums, or orchards where these fruits are grown, you have come to the right place.
- Information on over 600 apple varieties, with user reviews and a 'vote' feature.
- Listings for over 2,000 orchards, with easy to use search and mapping capabilities.
- Find orchards worldwide that grow an apple variety you may be looking for.
- Tree registry section with more than 4,000 individual trees registered, allowing growers to record their trees and log their blossom and harvest dates.
- Calendar of Apple Festivals and orchard events, if you are an event organisers send us details of your apple event.
- 800+ member forum board to discuss various topics surrounding orchards, apples and tree care.
Our website is named after England's most famous apple variety - Cox's Orange Pippin - widely regarded as the finest of all dessert apples.
'Pippin' is an old English word derived from the French word for 'seedling'. The same word can be seen in the modern French for a plant nursery or garden centre - 'pepiniere'. Like many old apple varieties Cox's Orange Pippin was discovered as a chance seedling.
Orchard owners - premium listings now available
Priority placement for your orchard in our listings - $125 per year - more details >>
Latest harvest records from registered fruit trees
- 4th week July 2015 Superchief Spur Red Delicious owned by Manish in SHIMLA, India
- 2nd week March 2015 Fameuse owned by Patrick in Mount Macedon, Australia
- 1st week February 2015 Plum Mariposa owned by Susie in Foster North, Australia
Register your own fruit trees and record blossom and harvest records - more >>
Recent visitor comments about listed varieties
|14 Jun 2015||BarbaraAZ, United States|
Apple - Dorsett GoldenNice and sweet with a bit of tart if picked while still a bit green. Mine look much more like Golden Delicious than the photos. Very short shelf life. more >>
|11 Jun 2015||PetesWA, United States|
Apple - HoneycrispBest apple ever !! High price--but when picked appropriately (time) ...Juicy, crispy, lights flesh//Sweetness yo... more >>
|04 Jun 2015||DougWA / USA, United States|
Apple - King DavidHave six King Davids, all producing perfectly. Taste is the finest blend of sweet and sour in the Universe. Bought 4 for a backpack trip ten years ago and consumed all four in 20 minutes. Went and bought trees. more >>
|03 Jun 2015||CharlesCALIFORNIA, United States|
Apple - CameoFirst time buyer of the Cameo Apple. Found them in a Stater Brothers Market. I will buy these apples from now on unless I cannot find them. Very Delicious and Crisp which I like. I do not like soft mushy apples. more >>
|29 May 2015||Steven HolmanMI, United States|
Apple - NorlandExcellent tasting apple.. I wish I would have planted more norland trees. more >>