Medium to large apple. Dark red with dark red flesh. Juice is red. Not for fresh eating.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Wolf River x malus pumila niedzwetzkyana
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1938
- Developed by: New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, NY
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1870
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
- Wolf River (parent)
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Redfield trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Albany Apple Guy in Castleton, NY
- Alex in Freeland, WA
- George Cochran in Maple City, MI
- Mark A. Rock in Columbia Station, OHIO
- Paul Grochowski in Floyd, VIRGINIA
- Peter Cox in Westford, MA
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 5th May 2015 - tree owned by Peter in Westford, United States