Razor Russet apple
A russeted sport of Golden Delicious, discovered in Kentucky in the 1970s. A great russet apple with excellent flavor. Medium sized with golden bronze skin, almost entirely covered with a yellowish brown russet. Flesh is firm, slightly coarse yellowish white. Remarkable for its sugar content. Great for fresh eating and for cooking.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1970s
- Developed by: University of Kentucky
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1858
Relationships to other varieties
This variety is a sport (natural genetic mutation) of:
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Razor Russet trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Brian Phillips in SAINT JOHNS, MI
- Brian Van Erem in GREEN BAY, WI
- Roger Miller in MADISON HEIGHTS, VA