Last updated 29 May 2011.
Red skinned apple covered with small white dots. Soft texture, tart flavored.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: McIntosh x Red Astrachan
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1953
- Developed by: Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1852
- Cedar apple rust - Some resistance
References and further reading about this variety
- Cedar-Apple Rust
Author: Stephen Vann, University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture (FSA7538)
Rated as resistant - control only needed under high disease pressure.
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.