Medium range red over green-yellow. Keeps well through January.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: PRI 14-126 x Jonathan
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 1974
- Developed by: PRI (Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois Co Op)
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1845
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 2003-027
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flavour style: Sweet/Sharp
- Harvest period: Mid-Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Average growth
- Gardening skill: Average
- Fruit bearing: Tip-bearer
- General disease resistance: Good
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
- Scab - Some resistance
- Mildew - Some susceptibility
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Priam trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Ronald Wolfe in Monticello, ILLINOIS