Cockpit Improved apple
A Yorkshire cooker, cooks to a sweet puree. An improved version of the original Cockpit.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
- Introduced: 1831
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1012
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1943-010
- Fruit colour: Green
- Uses: Cooking
- Cooking result: Puree
- Flavour style: Sweet/Sharp
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Triploid
- Pollinating others: Poor
- Vigour: Average growth
Cockpit Improved identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Cockpit Improved identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Cockpit Improved trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Clifford Cain in DONCASTER, SOUTH YORKSHIRE
- Ian Mckenzie in york, helmsley
- Sue Fawcett in POCKLINGTON, YORK, YORKSHIRE