Clapp Favorite pear
Last updated 12 May 2018.
An attractive and well-known 19th century American pear. It ripens early season, and does not keep.
- Species: Pyrus communis
- Originates from: Dorchester, MA, United States
- Introduced: 1860
- Developed by: Thaddeus Clapp
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2034
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1975-319
- Fruit size: Medium
- Fruit size: Large
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flavour style: Sweeter
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Period of origin: 1850 - 1899
- Scab - Very susceptible
- Fireblight - Very susceptible
References and further reading about this variety
- The Book of Pears (2015)
- The Fruit Manual
Clapp Favorite identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Clapp Favorite identification photos from website visitors
Clapp's Favourite pear
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.