Last updated 28 Jul 2018.
Tamara is a modern red/black eating cherry with exceptionally large fruit size.
- Species: Prunus avium
- Parentage: Van x Krupnoplodnaja
- Originates from: Czech Republic
- Introduced: 2000
- Developed by: Research and Breeding Institute of Pomology (RBIP) in Holovousy
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 4454
- Fruit colour: Dark Red
- Fruit size: Very large
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flavour quality: Very good
- Flavour style: Sweet/Sharp
- Harvest period: Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-3 days
- Cropping: Heavy
- Flowering period: Early-Mid season
- Flowering group: 2
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Vigour: Average growth
- Gardening skill: Average
- Period of origin: 2000 -
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
- Van (parent)
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.