Kent Bigarreau cherry
Last updated 06 Jul 2013.
Heart shaped. Firm, sweet, juicy, rich flavour. Stone small to medium.
- Species: Prunus avium
- Originates from: Germany
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1460
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1997-005
- Fruit colour: Red + Yellow
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Harvest period: Mid season
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Cherry incompatibility group: Group 3
- Vigour: Large
- General disease resistance: Poor
- Canker - Very susceptible
- Fruit splitting - Some susceptibility
Also known as
- Amber Heart
References and further reading about this variety
- Cherries (1949)
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.