Greenish yellow in color usually with a pink blush. The fruit is medium to large. It is very tart until fully ripened. Firm white flesh white stained red. A little tough, sprightly, subacid, aromatic.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Missouri, United States
- Introduced: 1872
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1743
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Horse trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
- Marshall Robert Crosby in Sugar Grove, NORTH CAROLINA
- Roger Miller in Madison Heights, VA
- Ronald Wolfe in Monticello, ILLINOIS
- Ryan in Cumming, GA
- Steve in Silver Spring, MD
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 11th April 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 1st April 2012 - tree owned by Ryan in Cumming, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 4th week August 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States