Small to medium size. Variable reddish coloring over green-yellow (when not fully colored). Some ribbing. Five-pointed calyx end. Smooth, thick, tough skin. Keeps 4+ months in excellent condition, holding flavor better than Gala.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Gala x Florina Querina
- Originates from: France
- Developed by: INRA
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1701
- Harvest period: Mid-Late season
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Slightly large
- General disease resistance: Good
- Scab - Some resistance
- Mildew - Some resistance
- Fireblight - Some resistance
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
References and further reading about this variety
- Galarina - Quebec apple breeding program
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Galarina trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Joe & Rachel Bender in ALBION, INDIANA / NOBLE