Erwin Bauer apple
Eating apple. Medium size fruit, deep yellow skin with stripes. Flesh especially hard and crisp with sweet aromatic flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Duchess of Oldenburg x Cox possibly???
- Originates from: Germany
- Introduced: 1928
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1684
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
- Duchess of Oldenburg (parent)
References and further reading about this variety
- Apples for the 21st Century
Listed as Erwin Baur
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Erwin Bauer trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Eric in WINSLOW, ARKANSAS
- Florian Deisenhofer in BRUSH PRAIRIE, WA
- James Dierberger in HEBRON, CT
- Paul Gerrish in NEWBURY, MA
- Roger Miller in MADISON HEIGHTS, VA
- Ann in Manturovo, KOSTROMA OBLAST