Cosmic CrispTM apple
Marketed as a new non-GMO non-browning apple, Cosmic Crisp inherits reliability and disease-resistance from Enterprise and crisp flavor from Honeycrisp. Originally known as WA38.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Enterprise x Honeycrisp
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 2016
- Developed by: Washington State University
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 4449
- Fruit colour: Red
- Flesh colour: White
- Fruit size: Large
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flavour quality: Good
- Flavour style: Sweet/Sharp
- Harvest period: Mid-Late season
- Use / keeping: 3 months or more
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Slightly small
- Precocity: Precocious
- Gardening skill: Average
- Fruit bearing: Spur-bearer
- Period of origin: 1950 - 1999
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.