Brushy Mountain Limbertwig apple
One of a group of antique American apples known as 'Limbertwigs', most of which are good keepers and useful for culinary purposes, often with an aromatic or spicy flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: United States
- Introduced: 19th century
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1242
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Brushy Mountain Limbertwig trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Axel Kratel in Santa Cruz, CALIFORNIA
- J.P.Curry in Sturgeon, MO
- Jerry Hudgins in Point Reyes Station, CALIFORNIA
- Roger Miller in Madison Heights, VA
- Russell Johnson in Philadelphia, TENNESSEE
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 21st April 2018 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
- 17th April 2017 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 1st week October 2017 - tree owned by Jerry in Point Reyes Station, United States