Brown Snout apple
Brown Snout is a traditional English hard-cider variety, producing a mild bittersweet juice.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2766
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1989-068
- Uses: Hard cider
- Flavour quality: Good
- Harvest period: Late season
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Very-Late season
- Flowering group: 6
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Average growth
- Bearing regularity: Biennial tendency
- Gardening skill: Average
- Period of origin: 1800 - 1849
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Brown Snout trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.