Medium-sized fruit, skin smooth and yellowish with red cheek. Flesh firm and fine grained. Refreshing, sprightly, subacid flavor.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Bremen, Germany
- Introduced: 1828 or earlier
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1630
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1927-021
- Harvest period: Very-Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Precocity: Precocious
- Period of origin: 1800 - 1849
References and further reading about this variety
- Apples of England (1948)
Boiken identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Boiken identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Boiken trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Richard in KRAKOW,
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.