Berner Rosen apple
A popular Swiss apple variety, although not well-known elsewhere
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Unknown
- Originates from: Switzerland
- Introduced: 1880s
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1233
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1947-067
- Some historical details taken with kind permission from 'The New Book of Apples' by Joan Morgan and Alison Richards , illustrated by Elisabeth Dowle, published by Ebury Press, 2002.
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Berner Rosen identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Berner Rosen identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Berner Rosen trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- David Maxwell in Nr. Bridgewater, NOVA SCOTIA
- Hayden in Winslow, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.