A modern apple from Sweden, developed during the 1950s.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Ingrid Marie x Filippa
- Originates from: Sweden
- Introduced: 1945
- Developed by: SLU, Balsgard, Sweden
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1228
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1968-039
- Some historical details taken with kind permission from 'The New Book of Apples' by Joan Morgan and Alison Richards , illustrated by Elisabeth Dowle, published by Ebury Press, 2002.
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
Aroma identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Aroma identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Aroma trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Thoralf Gjuvsland in Rosendal, HORDALAND
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 9th April 2014 - tree owned by Janice in Seattle, United States