Antonovka Kamenichka apple
A culinary apple from the Ukraine, possibly a more colored form of Antonovka.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Possibly a sport of Antonovka
- Originates from: Chernigov, Ukraine
- Introduced: 1889
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 2612
- UK National Fruit Collection accession: 1949-166
- Uses: Cooking
- Flavour quality: Good
- Flavour style: Sharper
- Harvest period: Early-Mid season
- Flowering period: Mid season
- Flowering group: 3
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Large
- Gardening skill: Very easy
- General disease resistance: Good
- Period of origin: 1850 - 1899
- Scab - Some resistance
- Fireblight - Some resistance
Relationships to other varieties
This variety is a sport (natural genetic mutation) of:
- Antonovka - Possible sport
Antonovka Kamenichka identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Antonovka Kamenichka identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
We don't have any registered trees for this variety yet.
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
Where to buy fresh fruit
No orchards have registered as growing this variety. If you grow this and want to register please go to our Orchard Registration form.