Early Rivers cherry
Heart-shaped. Soft, melting, very juicy, sweet. Good flavour and quality when fully ripe. Stone small.
- Species: Prunus avium
- Originates from: Kent, United Kingdom
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 144400
- Fruit colour: Purple
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Harvest period: Early-Mid season
- Cropping: Good
- Flowering period: Late season
- Flowering group: 5
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Cherry incompatibility group: Group 2
- Climate suitability: Temperate climates
- Leaf spot - Some resistance
- Canker - Some susceptibility
- Fruit splitting - Some resistance
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Early Rivers trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Rhiannon Harrington in READING, BERKSHIRE