Medium size fruit is very similar in appearance to Granny Smith. Flesh is creamy light green and has a coarse texture with a sprightly flavor similar to McIntosh.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Spur McIntosh x Spur Golden Delicious
- Originates from: Summerland, BC, Canada
- Introduced: 1992
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1903
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1999-031
Shamrock identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Shamrock identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Shamrock trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Albany Apple Guy in CASTLETON, NY
- John Field in MADEIRA PARK, B.C.
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 10th May 2012 - tree owned by John in MADEIRA PARK, Canada
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 1st week October 2012 - tree owned by John in MADEIRA PARK, Canada
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
- O'Farrell Orchards, Bigfork
New Yorkmap >
- Bowman Orchards, Rexford
British Columbiamap >