Red Gold apple
This one gets a blue ribbon for being the sweetest tasting apple ever developed. Keeps for weeks in the refrigerator.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Originates from: Cashmere, Washington, United States
- Introduced: 1946
- Developed by: F.A.Schell
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1864
- UK National Fruit Collection accession number: 1951-025
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Red Gold identification photos from official fruit collections
UK National Fruit Collection©Crown Copyright more >
Red Gold identification photos from website visitors
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Red Gold trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- John Horrell in PETALUMA, CALIFORNIA
- Pankaj Khullar in MANALI, HIMACHAL PRADESH