Crisp, juicy yellow flesh tart apple, 3 to 3.25 inches in diameter. About 50 to 90% of the surface is covered with a dull red color. Shape is truncate to conical. Good eaten fresh but also good choice for a cooking apple as it holds its shape when cooked.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: York Imperial x Golden Delicious
- Originates from: United States
- Developed by: Penn State University
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 1808
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Uses: Cooking
- Harvest period: Late season
- Use / keeping: 1-2 months
Relationships to other varieties
Parents and other ancestors of this variety:
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Nittany trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Andrea Dowdell in SAN PEDRO, CA
Where to buy apples
United Statesmap >
- Wilson's Orchard, Iowa City