Selection of Red Haralson. Earlier, redder, and sweeter, without the common russeting problem many Haralsons have. Juicy, tart, firm flesh. Good keeper.
- Species: Malus domestica
- Parentage: Sport of Red Haralson
- Originates from: La Crescent, Minnesota, United States
- Orange Pippin Cultivar ID: 172400
- Uses: Eat fresh
- Flowering period: Mid-Late season
- Flowering group: 4
- Fertility: Self-sterile
- Ploidy: Diploid
- Vigour: Slightly small
- Bearing regularity: Biennial tendency
- Precocity: Precocious
- Mildew - Very resistant
- Fireblight - Very resistant
- Cedar apple rust - Some resistance
Fruit tree register
Do you have a tree of this variety in your garden or orchard? If so please register the details here and contribute to our international register of fruit trees.
The following Haralred trees have been registered - click the name to view more details of each tree.
You can also view these trees on a map.
- Chuck in WORTHINGTON, MINNESOTA
- David in SPARTA, WI
- Kent Montgomery in BRAINERD, MINNESOTA / CROW WING
- Kevin in IDAHO FALLS, ID
- Lance Barker in CANYON CITY, OR
- Mary Neal in FRAZEE, MN
Latest Spring blossom records for this variety
- 4th June 2012 - tree owned by Lance in CANYON CITY, United States
- 20th April 2012 - tree owned by Chuck in WORTHINGTON, United States
- 1st July 2011 - tree owned by Lance in CANYON CITY, United States
Latest harvest records for this variety
- 1st week October 2011 - tree owned by Lance in CANYON CITY, United States